Definitions of direction:
- noun: a general course along which something has a tendency to develop
Example: "I couldn't follow the direction of his thoughts"
- noun: a message describing how something is to be done
Example: "He gave directions faster than she could follow them"
- noun: a line leading to a place or point
Example: "He looked the other direction"
- noun: the spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves
Example: "He checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
- noun: the act of managing something
Example: "Is the direction of the economy a function of government?"
- noun: the act of setting and holding a course
Example: "A new council was installed under the direction of the king"
- noun: a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something
- noun: the concentration of attention or energy on something
Example: "He had no direction in his life"
- noun: something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
Search for direction at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse