Definitions of school:
- noun: a building where young people receive education
Example: "The school was built in 1932"
- noun: the process of being formally educated at a school
Example: "What will you do when you finish school?"
- noun: a large group of fish
Example: "A school of small glittering fish swam by"
- noun: a body of creative artists or writers or thinkers linked by a similar style or by similar teachers
Example: "The Venetian school of painting"
- noun: an educational institution
Example: "The school was founded in 1900"
- noun: an educational institution's faculty and students
Example: "The school keeps parents informed"
- noun: the period of instruction in a school; the time period when schools is in session
Example: "Stay after school"
- verb: educate in or as if in a school
Example: "The children are schooled at great cost to their parents in private institutions"
- verb: swim in or form a large group of fish
Example: "A cluster of schooling fish was attracted to the bait"
- verb: train to be discriminative in taste or judgment
Example: "She is well schooled in poetry"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #68129)
Search for school at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse