Definitions of recall:
- noun: the act of removing an official by petition
- noun: the process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort)
Example: "He has total recall of the episode"
- noun: a bugle call that signals troops to return
- noun: a call to return
Example: "The recall of our ambassador"
- noun: a request by the manufacturer of a defective product to return the product (as for replacement or repair)
- verb: cause to be returned
Example: "Recall the defective auto tires"
- verb: make unavailable; bar from sale or distribution
Example: "The company recalled the product when it was found to be faulty"
- verb: cause one's (or someone else's) thoughts or attention to return from a reverie or digression
Example: "She was recalled by a loud laugh"
- verb: summon to return
Example: "The ambassador was recalled to his country"
- verb: call to mind
- verb: recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
- verb: go back to something earlier
Search for recall at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse