Definitions of dream:
- noun: a state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality
Example: "He went about his work as if in a dream"
- noun: a series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep
Example: "I had a dream about you last night"
- noun: imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake
Example: "He lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality"
- noun: someone of something wonderful
Example: "This dessert is a dream"
- noun: a fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe)
Example: "I have this pipe dream about being emperor of the universe"
- noun: a cherished desire
- verb: experience while sleeping
Example: "She claims to never dream"
- verb: have a daydream; indulge in a fantasy
Search for dream at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse