Definitions of desperate:
- noun: a person who is frightened and in need of help
Example: "They prey on the hopes of the desperate"
- adjective: desperately determined
- adjective: (of persons) dangerously reckless or violent as from urgency or despair
Example: "A desperate criminal"
- adjective: showing extreme courage; especially of actions courageously undertaken in desperation as a last resort
Example: "Made a last desperate attempt to reach the climber"
- adjective: fraught with extreme danger; nearly hopeless
Example: "A desperate illness"
- adjective: showing extreme urgency or intensity especially because of great need or desire
Example: "Felt a desperate urge to confess"
- adjective: arising from or marked by despair or loss of hope
Example: "A desperate cry for help"
Search for desperate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse