Definitions of watch:
- noun: a purposeful surveillance to guard or observe
- noun: a small portable timepiece
- noun: a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ship's crew are on duty
- noun: the period during which someone (especially a guard) is on duty
- noun: a devotional watch (especially on the eve of a religious festival)
- noun: a person employed to watch for something to happen
- verb: observe with attention
Example: "They watched as the murderer was executed"
- verb: observe or determine by looking
Example: "Watch how the dog chases the cats away"
- verb: look attentively
Example: "Watch a basketball game"
- verb: see or watch
- verb: be vigilant, be on the lookout, be on one's guard, be careful
Example: "Watch out for pickpockets!"
- verb: follow with the eyes or the mind
Example: "The world is watching Sarajevo"
- verb: find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort
Search for watch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse