Definitions of virtual:
- adjective: In effect or essence, if not in fact or reality; imitated, simulated.
- adjective: Having the power of acting or of invisible efficacy without the agency of the material or measurable part; potential.
- adjective: Nearly, almost. (A relatively recent development in meaning)
- adjective: Simulated in a computer or online.
- adjective: Operating by computer or in cyberspace; not physically present.
- adjective: (computing, object-oriented programming, of a class member) Capable of being overridden with a different implementation in a subclass.
- adjective: (physics) Pertaining to particles in temporary existence due to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.
- noun: (computing, programming) A virtual member function of a class.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for virtual at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse