Definitions of vamp:
- noun: piece of leather forming the front part of the upper of a shoe
- noun: an improvised musical accompaniment
- noun: a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
- verb: provide (a shoe) with a new vamp
Example: "Revamp my old boots"
- verb: act seductively with (someone)
- verb: piece (something old) with a new part
Example: "Vamp up an old speech"
- verb: make up
Example: "Vamp up an excuse for not attending the meeting"
Search for vamp at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia