Definitions of thread:
- noun: a fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving
- noun: the raised helical rib going around a screw
- noun: the connections that link the various parts of an event or argument together
Example: "He lost the thread of his argument"
- noun: any long object resembling a thin line
Example: "From the air the road was a gray thread"
- verb: pass through or into
Example: "Thread tape"
- verb: remove facial hair by tying a fine string around it and pulling at the string
Example: "She had her eyebrows threaded"
- verb: pass a thread through
Example: "Thread a needle"
- verb: thread on or as if on a string
Example: "Thread dried cranberries"
- verb: to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course
Search for thread at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse