Definitions of sun:
- noun: a typical star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system
Example: "The sun contains 99.85% of the mass in the solar system"
- noun: any star around which a planetary system evolves
- noun: a person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc
- noun: the rays of the sun
Example: "The shingles were weathered by the sun and wind"
- noun: first day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians
- verb: expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun
Example: "These herbs suffer when sunned"
- verb: expose one's body to the sun
- name: A female given name (common: 1 in 14285 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1056)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4349)
Search for sun at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse