Definitions of stuff:
- noun: unspecified qualities required to do or be something
Example: "The stuff of heros"
- noun: a critically important or characteristic component
Example: "Suspense is the very stuff of narrative"
- noun: senseless talk
Example: "Don't give me that stuff"
- noun: information in some unspecified form
Example: "It was stuff I had heard before"
- noun: informal terms for personal possessions
- noun: miscellaneous unspecified objects
Example: "The trunk was full of stuff"
- noun: the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
Example: "Wheat is the stuff they use to make bread"
- verb: fill with a stuffing while cooking
Example: "Have you stuffed the turkey yet?"
- verb: fill tightly with a material
Example: "Stuff a pillow with feathers"
- verb: treat with grease, fill, and prepare for mounting
Example: "Stuff a bearskin"
- verb: obstruct
Example: "My nose is all stuffed"
- verb: fill completely
Example: "The child stuffed his pockets with candy"
- verb: press or force
Example: "Stuff money into an envelope"
- verb: overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
Example: "She stuffed herself at the dinner"
Search for stuff at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse