Definitions of strong:
- adjective: not faint or feeble
Example: "A strong odor of burning rubber"
- adjective: of verbs not having standard (or regular) inflection
Example: "`sing' is a strong verb"
- adjective: having strength or power greater than average or expected
Example: "A strong radio signal"
- adjective: freshly made or left
- adjective: having a strong physiological or chemical effect
- adjective: having or wielding force or authority
- adjective: of good quality and condition; solidly built
- adjective: strong and sure
Example: "Gave a strong pull on the rope"
- adjective: having a high alcoholic content
- adjective: used of syllables or musical beats
- adjective: able to withstand attack
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 5555 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #651)
Search for strong at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse