Definitions of South:
- noun: any region lying in or toward the south
- noun: the region of the United States lying south of the Mason-Dixon Line
- noun: the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
- noun: the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- adjective: situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the south
Example: "The south entrance"
- adverb: in a southern direction
Example: "We moved south"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2723)
Search for South at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia