Definitions of source:
- noun: a facility where something is available
- noun: anything that provides inspiration for later work
- noun: a document (or organization) from which information is obtained
Example: "The reporter had two sources for the story"
- noun: (technology) a process by which energy or a substance enters a system
Example: "A heat source"
- noun: a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to
Example: "He spent hours looking for the source of that quotation"
- noun: anything (a person or animal or plant or substance) in which an infectious agent normally lives and multiplies
- noun: someone who originates or causes or initiates something
- noun: a person who supplies information
- noun: the place where something begins, where it springs into being
Example: "Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"
- verb: get (a product) from another country or business
Example: "She sourced a supply of carpet"
- verb: specify the origin of
Example: "The writer carefully sourced her report"
Search for source at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse