Definitions of Snape:
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #28313)
- noun: A village in Hambleton district, North Yorkshire, England.
- noun: A village in Suffolk, England.
- noun: A surname, from Old English.
- verb: (nautical, shipbuilding) To bevel the end of a timber to fit against an inclined surface.
- verb: To check or curtail (the growth of something); also, to check or curtail the growth of (a plant, etc.).
- verb: Synonym of sneap (“to check or abruptly reprove (someone); to chide, to rebuke, to reprimand”)
- verb: (intransitive) To chide, to rebuke, to reprimand.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Snape at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia