Definitions of slot:
- noun: a small slit (as for inserting a coin or depositing mail)
Example: "He put a quarter in the slot"
- noun: a slot machine that is used for gambling
Example: "They spend hours and hours just playing the slots"
- noun: (computer) a socket in a microcomputer that will accept a plug-in circuit board
Example: "The PC had three slots for additional memory"
- noun: a position in a grammatical linguistic construction in which a variety of alternative units are interchangeable
Example: "He developed a version of slot grammar"
- noun: the trail of an animal (especially a deer)
Example: "He followed the deer's slot over the soft turf to the edge of the trees"
- noun: a position in a hierarchy or organization
Example: "Bob Dylan occupied the top slot for several weeks"
- noun: a time assigned on a schedule or agenda
Example: "The TV program has a new time slot"
- verb: assign a time slot
Example: "Slot a television programs"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #54163)
Search for slot at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia