Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of rubric:
- noun: category name
Example: "It is usually discussed under the rubric of `functional obesity'"
- noun: a title or heading that is printed in red or in a special type
- noun: an authoritative rule of conduct or procedure
- noun: directions for the conduct of Christian church services (often printed in red in a prayer book)
- noun: an explanation or definition of an obscure word in a text
- noun: a heading that names a statute or legislative bill; may give a brief summary of the matters it deals with
- verb: adorn with ruby red color
Search for rubric at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...