Read some of the poems submitted to our vaccine poetry contest!
Definitions of right:
- noun: a turn to the right
Example: "Take a right at the corner"
- noun: anything in accord with principles of justice
Example: "He feels he is in the right"
- noun: an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature
Example: "They are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"
- noun: the hand that is on the right side of the body
Example: "He writes with his right hand but pitches with his left"
- noun: those who support political or social or economic conservatism; those who believe that things are better left unchanged
- noun: location near or direction toward the right side; i.e. the side to the south when a person or object faces east
Example: "He stood on the right"
- noun: (frequently plural) the interest possessed by law or custom in some intangible thing
Example: "Mineral rights"
- noun: the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's right
- verb: make reparations or amends for
Example: "Right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
- verb: regain an upright or proper position
Example: "The capsized boat righted again"
- verb: put in or restore to an upright position
Example: "They righted the sailboat that had capsized"
- verb: make right or correct
- adjective: having the axis perpendicular to the base
Example: "A right angle"
- adjective: of or belonging to the political or intellectual right
- adjective: being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the east when facing north
Example: "My right hand"
- adjective: in conformance with justice or law or morality
Example: "Do the right thing and confess"
- adjective: in or into a satisfactory condition
Example: "Things are right again now"
- adjective: correct in opinion or judgment
Example: "Time proved him right"
- adjective: most suitable or right for a particular purpose
Example: "The right time to act"
- adjective: socially right or correct
Example: "It isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye"
- adjective: in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure
Example: "What's the right word for this?"
- adjective: appropriate for a condition or occasion
Example: "The right man for the job"
- adjective: free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth
Example: "The right answer"
- adverb: exactly
- adverb: immediately
Example: "She called right after dinner"
- adverb: an interjection expressing agreement
- adverb: precisely, exactly
Example: "Stand right here!"
- adverb: completely
Example: "She felt right at home"
- adverb: toward or on the right; also used figuratively
Example: "He looked right and left"
- adverb: in a correct manner
Example: "He guessed right"
- adverb: in accordance with moral or social standards
Example: "That serves him right"
- adverb: (Southern regional intensive) very
Example: "They have a right nice place"
- adverb: in the right manner
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #22691)
Search for right at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse