Definitions of relation:
- noun: an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
- noun: (usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups
Example: "International relations"
- noun: an act of narration
Example: "He was the hero according to his own relation"
- noun: the act of sexual procreation between a man and a woman; the man's penis is inserted into the woman's vagina and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur
- noun: (law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time
Example: "His attorney argued for the relation back of the ammended complaint to the time the initial complaint was filed"
- noun: a person related by blood or marriage
Example: "He has distant relations back in New Jersey"
Search for relation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse