Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of reading:
- noun: the act of measuring with meters or similar instruments
Example: "He has a job meter reading for the gas company"
- noun: the cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message
Example: "He enjoys reading books"
- noun: a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument
Example: "He could not believe the meter reading"
- noun: written material intended to be read
Example: "The teacher assigned new readings"
- noun: a particular interpretation or performance
Example: "On that reading it was an insult"
- noun: a city on the River Thames in Berkshire in southern England
- noun: a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
- noun: a public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory) something prepared in advance
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7579)
Search for reading at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...