Definitions of raw:
- noun: informal terms for nakedness
Example: "In the raw"
- adjective: having the surface exposed and painful
Example: "A raw wound"
- adjective: untempered and unrefined
Example: "Raw talent"
- adjective: not processed or refined
Example: "Raw sewage"
- adjective: not treated with heat to prepare it for eating
- adjective: lacking training or experience
Example: "Raw recruits"
- adjective: brutally unfair or harsh
Example: "Received raw treatment from his friends"
- adjective: inflamed and painful
Example: "His throat was raw"
- adjective: devoid of elaboration or diminution or concealment; bare and pure
Example: "Raw fury"
- adjective: not processed or subjected to analysis
Example: "Raw data"
- adjective: unpleasantly cold and damp
- adjective: (used informally) completely unclothed
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #60907)
Search for raw at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse