Definitions of pure:
- adjective: used of persons or behaviors; having no faults; sinless
Example: "I felt pure and sweet as a new baby- Sylvia Plath"
- adjective: free of extraneous elements of any kind
Example: "Pure air and water"
- adjective: not mixed
Example: "Pure oxygen"
- adjective: in a state of sexual virginity
Example: "Pure and vestal modesty"
- adjective: concerned with theory and data rather than practice; opposed to applied
Example: "Pure science"
- adjective: free from discordant qualities
- adjective: (of color) being chromatically pure; not diluted with white or gray or black
Search for pure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia