Definitions of Promethean:
- adjective: Of or pertaining to Prometheus.
- adjective: Daringly original; boldly inventive or creative.
- adjective: Of enormous size or strength; extraordinarily strong.
- adjective: (of a Romantic literary hero) Rebelling (or being a rebel) against a larger order; defying traditional moral categories; persecuted but dauntless.
- noun: One who acts in a Promethean manner.
- noun: A glass tube containing sulfuric acid and an inflammable mixture.
- noun: (historical) A kind of lucifer match.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Promethean at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia