Definitions of program:
- noun: a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation
Example: "The program lasted more than two hours"
- noun: a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need
Example: "He proposed an elaborate program of public works"
- noun: (computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute
Example: "The program required several hundred lines of code"
- noun: an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event
Example: "You can't tell the players without a program"
- noun: a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
- noun: a radio or television show
Example: "Did you see his program last night?"
- noun: an integrated course of academic studies
Example: "He was admitted to a new program at the university"
- noun: a document stating the aims and principles of a political party
Example: "They won the election even though they offered no positive program"
- verb: arrange a program of or for
Example: "Program the 80th birthday party"
- verb: write a computer program
Search for program at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse