Definitions of performance:
- noun: any recognized accomplishment
Example: "They admired his performance under stress"
- noun: the act of performing; of doing something successfully; using knowledge as distinguished from merely possessing it
Example: "They criticised his performance as mayor"
- noun: the act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment
Example: "We congratulated him on his performance at the rehearsal"
- noun: a dramatic or musical entertainment
Example: "They listened to ten different performances"
- noun: process or manner of functioning or operating
Example: "They compared the cooking performance of each oven"
Search for performance at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse