Definitions of past:
- noun: a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
- noun: the time that has elapsed
Example: "Forget the past"
- noun: a earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret)
Example: "Reporters dug into the candidate's past"
- adjective: earlier than the present time; no longer current
Example: "Time past"
- adjective: a verb tense or other construction referring to events or states that existed at some previous time
Example: "Past participle"
- adverb: so as to pass a given point
Example: "Every hour a train goes past"
Search for past at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia