Definitions of parallel:
- noun: something having the property of being analogous to something else
- noun: an imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
- verb: be parallel to
Example: "Their roles are paralleled by ours"
- verb: make or place parallel to something
Example: "They paralleled the ditch to the highway"
- verb: duplicate or match
- adjective: being everywhere equidistant and not intersecting
Example: "Parallel lines never converge"
- adjective: of or relating to the simultaneous performance of multiple operations
Example: "Parallel processing"
Search for parallel at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia