Definitions of paper:
- noun: medium for written communication
Example: "The notion of an office running without paper is absurd"
- noun: a scholarly article describing the results of observations or stating hypotheses
Example: "He has written many scientific papers"
- noun: a material made of cellulose pulp derived mainly from wood or rags or certain grasses
- noun: a newspaper as a physical object
Example: "When it began to rain he covered his head with a newspaper"
- noun: a daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements
Example: "He read his newspaper at breakfast"
- noun: an essay (especially one written as an assignment)
- noun: a business firm that publishes newspapers
Example: "Murdoch owns many newspapers"
- verb: cover with paper
Example: "Paper the box"
- verb: cover with wallpaper
- adjective: made of paper
Example: "They wore paper hats at the party"
Search for paper at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse