Definitions of original:
- noun: an original model on which something is patterned
- noun: an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
- adjective: being or productive of something fresh and unusual; or being as first made or thought of
Example: "A truly original approach"
- adjective: (of e.g. information) not secondhand or by way of something intermediary
Example: "His work is based on only original, not secondary, sources"
- adjective: not derived or copied or translated from something else
Example: "The play is original"
- adjective: preceding all others in time or being as first made or performed
Example: "The original inhabitants of the Americas"
Search for original at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia