Definitions of notch:
- noun: a small cut
- noun: a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into a surface
Example: "There were four notches in the handle of his revolver"
- noun: a V-shaped indentation
Example: "Mandibular notch"
- noun: the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks
- verb: notch a surface to record something
- verb: cut or make a notch into
Example: "Notch the rope"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69588)
Search for notch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia