Definitions of noise:
- noun: incomprehensibility resulting from irrelevant information or meaningless facts or remarks
Example: "All the noise in his speech concealed the fact that he didn't have anything to say"
- noun: the auditory experience of sound that lacks musical quality; sound that is a disagreeable auditory experience
Example: "Modern music is just noise to me"
- noun: a loud outcry of protest or complaint
Example: "The announcement of the election recount caused a lot of noise"
- noun: sound of any kind (especially unintelligible or dissonant sound)
Example: "He enjoyed the street noises"
- noun: electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
- noun: the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan
- verb: emit a noise
Search for noise at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia