Definitions of Nice:
- noun: a city in southeastern France on the Mediterranean; the leading resort on the French Riviera
- adjective: pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance
Example: "What a nice fellow you are and we all thought you so nasty- George Meredith"
- adjective: done with delicacy and skill
Example: "A nice bit of craft"
- adjective: socially or conventionally correct; refined or virtuous
Example: "A nice girl"
- adjective: noting distinctions with nicety
Example: "A nice sense of color"
- adjective: excessively fastidious and easily disgusted
Example: "Too nice about his food to take to camp cooking"
- adjective: exhibiting courtesy and politeness
Example: "A nice gesture"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10039)
Search for Nice at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse