Definitions of miss:
- noun: a failure to hit (or meet or find etc)
- noun: a young woman
- verb: fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
Example: "I missed that remark"
- verb: fail to attend an event or activity
Example: "I missed the concert"
- verb: be without
Example: "There is something missing in my jewellery box!"
- verb: be absent
Example: "The child had been missing for a week"
- verb: fail to experience
Example: "Fortunately, I missed the hurricane"
- verb: fail to reach
Example: "The arrow missed the target"
- verb: feel or suffer from the lack of
Example: "He misses his mother"
- verb: fail to reach or get to
Example: "She missed her train"
- verb: leave undone or leave out
Example: "How could I miss that typo?"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3111)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #42809)
Search for miss at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse