Definitions of mature:
- verb: develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation
Example: "He matured fast"
- verb: become due for repayment
Example: "These bonds mature in 2005"
- verb: develop and work out fully in one's mind
Example: "I need to mature my thoughts"
- verb: cause to ripen or develop fully
Example: "Age matures a good wine"
- verb: cause to ripen and discharge pus
- verb: grow old or older
- adjective: having reached full natural growth or development
Example: "A mature cell"
- adjective: characteristic of maturity
Example: "Mature for her age"
- adjective: fully considered and perfected
Example: "Mature plans"
- adjective: fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used
Example: "Full-bodies mature wines"
- adjective: (of birds) having developed feathers or plumage; often used in combination
Search for mature at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse