Definitions of marshal:
- noun: a law officer having duties similar to those of a sheriff in carrying out the judgments of a court of law
- noun: (in some countries) a military officer of highest rank
- verb: arrange in logical order
Example: "Marshal facts or arguments"
- verb: place in proper rank
Example: "Marshal the troops"
- verb: lead ceremoniously, as in a procession
- verb: make ready for action or use
Example: "Marshal resources"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10460)
Search for marshal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia