Hey you! Yes, you! Thank you for adding beauty to the world!
Definitions of map:
- noun: a diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it)
- noun: a function such that for every element of one set there is a unique element of another set
- verb: locate within a specific region of a chromosome in relation to known DNA or gene sequences
Example: "Map the genes"
- verb: to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets)
- verb: explore or survey for the purpose of making a map
Example: "We haven't even begun to map the many galaxies that we know exist"
- verb: make a map of; show or establish the features of details of
Example: "Map the surface of Venus"
- verb: depict as if on a map
Example: "Sorrow was mapped on the mother's face"
- verb: plan, delineate, or arrange in detail
Example: "Map one's future"
Search for map at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse