Definitions of look:
- noun: the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually
Example: "He went out to have a look"
- noun: physical appearance
Example: "I don't like the looks of this place"
- noun: the expression on a person's face
Example: "A look of triumph"
- noun: the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- verb: perceive with attention; direct one's gaze towards
Example: "She looked over the expanse of land"
- verb: give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect
Example: "This project looks fishy"
- verb: accord in appearance with
Example: "You don't look your age!"
- verb: have a certain outward or facial expression
Example: "How does she look?"
- verb: convey by one's expression
Example: "She looked her devotion to me"
- verb: search or seek
Example: "We looked all day and finally found the child in the forest"
- verb: be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to
Example: "The house looks north"
- verb: look forward to the probable occurrence of
Example: "She is looking to a promotion"
- verb: take charge of or deal with
- verb: have faith or confidence in
Example: "Look to your friends for support"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8911)
Search for look at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse