Synonyms / Related
Definitions of interview:
- noun: the questioning of a person (or a conversation in which information is elicited); often conducted by journalists
Example: "My interviews with teen-agers revealed a weakening of religious bonds"
- noun: a conference (usually with someone important)
- verb: conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
- verb: discuss formally with (somebody) for the purpose of an evaluation
Example: "We interviewed the job candidates"
- verb: go for an interview in the hope of being hired
Example: "The job candidate interviewed everywhere"
Search for interview at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...