Definitions of growth:
- noun: vegetation that has grown
Example: "A growth of trees"
- noun: something grown or growing
Example: "A growth of hair"
- noun: (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level
- noun: a progression from simpler to more complex forms
Example: "The growth of culture"
- noun: (pathology) an abnormal proliferation of tissue (as in a tumor)
- noun: the gradual beginning or coming forth
- noun: a process of becoming larger or longer or more numerous or more important
Example: "The growth of population"
Search for growth at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia