Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of function:
- noun: the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group
Example: "The function of a teacher"
- noun: what something is used for
Example: "The function of an auger is to bore holes"
- noun: a formal or official social gathering or ceremony
Example: "It was a black-tie function"
- noun: a relation such that one thing is dependent on another
Example: "Height is a function of age"
- noun: a mathematical relation such that each element of one set is associated with at least one element of another set
- noun: a vaguely specified social event
Example: "A seemingly endless round of social functions"
- noun: a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program
- verb: perform as expected when applied
- verb: serve a purpose, role, or function
Example: "The table functions as a desk"
- verb: perform duties attached to a particular office or place or function
Search for function at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse