Definitions of flux:
- noun: in constant change
Example: "His opinions are in flux"
- noun: a flow or discharge
- noun: a state of uncertainty about what should be done (usually following some important event) preceding the establishment of a new direction of action
Example: "The flux following the death of the emperor"
- noun: excessive discharge of liquid from a cavity or organ (as in watery diarrhea)
- noun: a substance added to molten metals to bond with impurities that can then be readily removed
- noun: the rate of flow of energy or particles across a given surface
- noun: (physics) the number of flux changes per unit area
- noun: the lines of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle
- verb: move or progress freely as if in a stream
- verb: mix together different elements
- verb: become liquid or fluid when heated
Search for flux at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse