Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of figure:
- noun: a predetermined set of movements in dancing or skating
Example: "She made the best score on compulsory figures"
- noun: a model of a bodily form (especially of a person)
Example: "He made a figure of Santa Claus"
- noun: the impression produced by a person
Example: "He cut a fine figure"
- noun: a unitary percept having structure and coherence that is the object of attention and that stands out against a ground
- noun: a diagram or picture illustrating textual material
Example: "The area covered can be seen from Figure 2"
- noun: an amount of money expressed numerically
Example: "A figure of $17 was suggested"
- noun: a combination of points and lines and planes that form a visible palpable shape
- noun: the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals
Example: "The figure was about a thousand"
- noun: a well-known or notable person
Example: "She is an important figure in modern music"
- noun: one of the elements that collectively form a system of numbers
- noun: a decorative or artistic work
- noun: language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
- noun: alternative names for the body of a human being
- verb: be or play a part of or in
Example: "Elections figure prominently in every government program"
- verb: understand
Example: "He didn't figure her"
- verb: judge to be probable
- verb: make a mathematical calculation or computation
- verb: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
Search for figure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse