Definitions of Federal:
- noun: any federal law-enforcement officer
- noun: a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War
- adjective: of or relating to the central government of a federation
Example: "A federal district is one set aside as the seat of the national government"
- adjective: national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units
Example: "The Federal Bureau of Investigation"
- adjective: characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities
Example: "A federal system like that of the United States"
- adjective: being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the Civil War
Example: "Federal forces"
Search for Federal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia