Definitions of expose:
- noun: the exposure of an impostor or a fraud
Example: "He published an expose of the graft and corruption in city government"
- verb: expose or make accessible to some action or influence
Example: "Expose your students to art"
- verb: expose to light, of photographic film
- verb: to show, make visible or apparent
- verb: abandon by leaving out in the open air
Example: "The infant was exposed by the teenage mother"
- verb: disclose to view as by removing a cover
- verb: expose while ridiculing; especially of pretentious or false claims and ideas
- verb: put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
- verb: remove all or part of one's clothes to show one's body
Example: "The man exposed himself in the subway"
- verb: make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #85344)
Search for expose at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse