Definitions of equal:
- noun: a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- verb: be identical or equivalent to
Example: "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!"
- verb: be equal to in quality or ability
- verb: make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching
Example: "Let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"
- adjective: well matched; having the same quantity, value, or measure as another
Example: "On equal terms"
- adjective: equal in amount or value
Example: "An equal number"
Search for equal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse