Definitions of endemic:
- noun: a plant that is native to a certain limited area
Example: "It is an endemic found only this island"
- noun: a disease that is constantly present to a greater or lesser degree in people of a certain class or in people living in a particular location
- adjective: of or relating to a disease (or anything resembling a disease) constantly present to greater or lesser extent in a particular locality
Example: "Diseases endemic to the tropics"
- adjective: native to or confined to a certain region
Example: "The islands have a number of interesting endemic species"
- adjective: originating where it is found
Example: "Endemic folkways"
Search for endemic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia