Definitions of early:
- adjective: very young
Example: "At an early age"
- adjective: expected in the near future
Example: "Look for an early end to the negotiations"
- adjective: at or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time
Example: "Early morning"
- adjective: being or occurring at an early stage of development
Example: "In an early stage"
- adjective: of an early stage in the development of a language or literature
Example: "The Early Hebrew alphabetical script is that used mainly from the 11th to the 6th centuries B.C."
- adverb: before the usual time or the time expected
Example: "She graduated early"
- adverb: in good time
- adverb: during an early stage
Example: "Early on in her career"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1994)
Search for early at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse