Definitions of dial:
- noun: the face of a timepiece; graduated to show the hours
- noun: a disc on a telephone that is rotated a fixed distance for each number called
- noun: the circular graduated indicator on various measuring instruments
- noun: the control on a radio or television set that is used for tuning
- verb: choose by means of a dial
Example: "Dial a telephone number"
- verb: operate a dial to select a telephone number
Example: "You must take the receiver off the hook before you dial"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3088)
Search for dial at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia