Definitions of degree:
- noun: a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality
Example: "A moderate degree of intelligence"
- noun: the seriousness of something (e.g., a burn or crime)
Example: "Murder in the second degree"
- noun: the highest power of a term or variable
- noun: a measure for arcs and angles
Example: "There are 360 degrees in a circle"
- noun: a unit of temperature on a specified scale
Example: "The game was played in spite of the 40-degree temperature"
- noun: a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
Example: "A remarkable degree of frankness"
- noun: an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study
Example: "He earned his degree at Princeton summa cum laude"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #14355)
Search for degree at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse