Definitions of Day:
- noun: United States writer best known for his autobiographical works (1874-1935)
- noun: a period of opportunity
Example: "He deserves his day in court"
- noun: some point or period in time
Example: "It should arrive any day now"
- noun: the recurring hours when you are not sleeping (especially those when you are working)
Example: "My day began early this morning"
- noun: time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
Example: "Two days later they left"
- noun: a day assigned to a particular purpose or observance
Example: "Mother's Day"
- noun: the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
Example: "The dawn turned night into day"
- noun: the period of time taken by a particular planet (e.g. Mars) to make a complete rotation on its axis
Example: "How long is a day on Jupiter?"
- noun: an era of existence or influence
Example: "In the day of the dinosaurs"
- noun: the time for one complete rotation of the earth relative to a particular star, about 4 minutes shorter than a mean solar day
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 2325 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #245)
Search for Day at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse